Crossroads School utilizes a variety of teaching formats including one-to-one and small group instruction. Our curriculum focuses on academic, social, communication, behavior reduction, and activities of daily living. Academic targets are based on developmental scope and sequences, direct observations, standardized and informal direct observation assessments, and the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks.
The one-to-two staff to student ratio simulates a more traditional school setting. The educational programming is individualized to meet each student’s needs.
- Data-based systems to teach students to learn effectively in group situations
- Comprehensive Social Skills Group curriculum available to students of all learning profiles
- Each classroom is supervised by a certified special educator and a BCBA
- Evidence-based reading programs including phonetic and sight word based instruction as well as systematic reading comprehension teaching strategies
- MCAS alternative assessments and standard assessment
- Extensive use of technology for learning as well as leisure