Crossroads School, in Marlborough, MA is a private, nonprofit school dedicated to transforming the lives of children with autism using the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis. We are currently seeking a Special Education Teacher.
- Collects data on student progress, write reports, and manages student program books.
- Develops staffing and classroom schedules to ensure proper implementation of IEPs.
- Assists Classroom Supervisor in the development of transition plans.
- In conjunction with the Assistant Clinical & Education Director, develops individualized MCAS programming/testing as outlined by the ESE.
- Develop, implement and modify curriculum and materials.
- Assists in the development, implementation and supervision of BMGs and BIPs. Writes IEPs for all assigned students.
- Assists in the design and running of functional behavior assessments and functional analyses.
- Makes data-based decisions for changes to skill acquisition and behavior reduction programs.
In order to complete the CALM course and become certified, participants must successfully perform the following maneuvers.
- Knee squats
- Shuffling backwards and forwards
- Supporting weight
- Stand from a kneeling position while supporting student weight (without pushing off the ground/stabilizing hands on the ground)
- Remain in kneeling position for an extended period of time
- A descending lunge while carrying weight
- Master’s in Education, Behavior Analysis or related field is preferred.
- Current Massachusetts teaching certification.
- 3 to 5 years’ teaching experience in the field of autism or education is preferred.
- Must have good organizational skills coupled with interpersonal skills, strong attention to detail, eager to learn new skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, proficiency in computer skills in Microsoft Office products, punctuality, compassion, ability to prioritize and multitask, and maintain strict confidentiality of information.
Crossroads School’s Mission and Vision:
Crossroads School’s mission is to provide individualized, comprehensive education and related services to students with autism to enhance quality of life and independent functioning, so they may achieve their full potential. We believe that all individuals have a fundamental right to an education that promotes the greatest degree of personal independence. Personal independence for each individual is achieved through an educational partnership between school, community, and family. Crossroads places a strong emphasis on family involvement in the development of school programming as well as active support and contribution to families’ success after school hours.
Crossroads School offers a competitive salary with a generous benefits package including Tuition Reimbursement, Health and Dental Insurance, 403(b) with generous employer match, Long-term and Short-term Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Plans, and Professional Development opportunities. Crossroads School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To learn more about this exciting opportunity, visit our website at http://www.crossroadsschoolma.org.