Crossroads School is a private, nonprofit school dedicated to transforming the lives of children with autism using the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis. We are currently seeking a Lead Special Education Teacher.
This is your opportunity to make your mark in the field of special education and become an integral part of an incredible community. The right candidate must be enthusiastic, positive and love working with children! Come join our forward-thinking, goal-oriented team of educators.
The Lead Special Education Teacher is responsible for developing and implementing Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) for 6 – 8 classroom students and assisting BCBAs with the development of Behavior Management Guidelines and Intervention Plans designed to meet students’ individual needs across skill areas. The Lead Special Education Teacher also supervises classroom staff and serves as the primary liaison for communication with parents/legal guardians.
Our Special Education Teachers are responsible for:
- Developing, implementing and modifying curriculum and materials.
- Collecting data on student progress, writing reports, and managing student program books.
- Collaborating to develop individualized MCAS programming/testing as outlined by the ESE.
- Assisting in the design and running of functional behavior assessments and functional analyses.
- Making data-based decisions for changes to skill acquisition and behavior reduction programs.
We require that our Special Education Teachers have:
- Current Massachusetts teaching certification in Moderate or Severe Disabilities.
- Master’s degree in Special Education, Behavior Analysis or related field.
- Knowledge and experience with ABA-based treatment of autism.
- The ability to successfully pass CALM training and perform physical movements such as pivots, knee squats, shuffling backwards and forwards, stand from a kneeling position while supporting student weight (without pushing off the ground/stabilizing hands on the ground), remaining in kneeling position for an extended period of time, and a descending lunge while carrying weight.
Crossroads School’s Mission
Crossroads School’s mission is to provide individualized, comprehensive education and related services to students with autism to enhance quality of life and independent functioning, so they may achieve their full potential. We believe that all individuals have a fundamental right to an education that promotes the greatest degree of personal independence.
Crossroads School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.