Practical Assessment Exploration System (PAES)
- PAES is a hands-on, comprehensive work development curriculum that operates in a simulated work environment. The curriculum trains individuals in basic, generalizable vocational and life skills needed for vocational training, placement, and independent living. Included in the system are ongoing assessments of student performance, work competitiveness, work behaviors, and preferences.
- PAES consists of over 260 prevocational tasks across five domain areas: Business and Marketing, Processing and Production, Consumer Service, Construction Industrial, and Computer Technology.
Internal Vocational Training
- Internal work opportunities are designed to prepare students for success in future external vocational sites by increasing independence, performance, and time on task.
- Internal work opportunities are carefully chosen based on student strengths and preferences, using information from a variety of sources: PAES, student, classroom staff, parents, and vocational coordinator.
External Vocational Training
- Students entering external vocational training have demonstrated the ability to meet the demands of a simulated work environment at the school. Prior to starting at the work site, students are educated on job expectations. The amount of time spent at external work sites is a team decision that is developed during the IEP process.
- External work opportunities are carefully chosen based on student strengths and preferences, using information from a variety of sources: student, parents, classroom staff, and vocational coordinator.
- The vocational coordinator supervises each work site and meets with job coaches on a regular basis to provide training and insight.
- Community vocational partners include:
- Café 290
- Wayside Athletic Club
- New Horizons
- MOMS Foxboro
- Atlas Travel
- Courtyard by Marriott Boston Marlborough
- Special Needs Law Group
- Al Brodeur’s Autobody Shop
- Bouvier Pharmacy
- Goodnow Library
- Putts & More