Crossroads School, in Marlborough, MA, is a private, non-profit day school dedicated to transforming the lives of students with autism using the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis. Crossroads School’s mission is to provide individualized, comprehensive education and related services to students with autism to enhance quality of life and independent functioning so they may achieve their full potential.
We are currently seeking a Communications & Marketing Intern to assist in enhancing the communications plan and engage families and community members in the organization and its activities. The intern will work on a small team using email marketing and social media platforms to grow a community of donors and volunteers who support the lives of students with autism at Crossroads School.
In this role, the Marketing & Communications Intern will have the opportunity to develop his/her project management, event production, and relationship building skills while working alongside the Development Director, Development Coordinator, and Crossroads Staff to increase visibility of the school and generate revenue. This position is unpaid.
Social Media and Email Communications
- Follow a Communications Calendar to plan social media, email, direct mail, and local media outreach.
- Draft email content for newsletters and event announcements.
- Assist with restructure and maintenance of email database.
- Promote the unique culture of the school and achievements of staff and students.
- Monitor web traffic and ensure optimization of search results.
- Support data tracking and social media analytics to help Communications and Events Coordinator determine workable ideas and grow number of followers.
- Design graphics and promotional materials for print and web.
- Take photos at events and lessons in school and off-campus.
- Research social media best uses and best platforms for non-profit engagement.
- Draft articles and stories to help grow awareness and support for individuals with autism.
- Draft press releases to highlight student and school accomplishments.
Education, Experience, & Necessary Skills:
- Desire to work on a small team to improve the lives of students with autism.
- Interest in building a career in non-profit marketing and communications.
- Degree, or pursuing a degree in Communications, Marketing, Nonprofit Management or related field.
- Volunteer experience required.
- Strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience or interest in email marketing.
- Knowledge of key social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Able to work independently and with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Strong ability to plan, prioritize, and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Proof of immunizations required