The Technology Specialist will provide hands-on coordination and maintenance for all information systems, software, and devices to support the students at Crossroads School. The position plays a key role in executing an organization-wide technology plan, identifying and planning for the educational needs of the students, and giving staff the necessary technology tools to them to perform their daily functions.
- Provide assistance in the resolution of technical support issues.
- Maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot physical and virtual server infrastructures.
- Maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot network-based services: File and Print services, Email “Office 365,” Active Directory, DHCP/DNS/WINS.
- Maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot student iPad management program and app deployments.
- Configure, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot Windows, Apple and IOS software deployments.
- Provide technology support for students and staff.
- Provide and test backup and disaster recovery processes and procedures.
- Work with vendors in the process of troubleshooting escalated incidents.
- Maintain an inventory log of Crossroads’ IT equipment.
- LAN and WAN topologies and architecture.
- Microsoft server, Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft Office 365 email systems.
- Configuring and maintaining VMware and virtual environments.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Computer Certifications (Microsoft, CompTIA, Apple, Cisco) preferred
- 2+ years’ experience providing information technology services.
- Experience with Windows Server 2016 / VMWare Exsi 6.5 preferred.
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to present information effectively and respond to questions relating to IT.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Strong work ethic in a mission-based organization.
- Strong working knowledge of managing databases to include security, data safety and integrity, disaster recovery, and development of bulk data import/export procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and lay terms.
- Knowledge of database programming preferred.
Crossroads School’s Mission and Vision:
Crossroads School’s mission is to provide individualized, comprehensive education and related services to students with autism to enhance quality of life and independent functioning, so they may achieve their full potential. We believe that all individuals have a fundamental right to an education that promotes the greatest degree of personal independence. Personal independence for each individual is achieved through an educational partnership between school, community, and family. Crossroads places a strong emphasis on family involvement in the development of school programming as well as active support and contribution to families’ success after school hours.