Crossroads School in Marlborough, MA is a private non-profit school dedicated to transforming the lives of children with autism using the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis. We are currently seeking a Development Intern who will assist in coordinating and managing the school’s marketing and communications strategy, support fundraising events, and assist in the identification of appropriate grantors and submission of grant requests. In this role, the Development Intern will have the opportunity to develop his/her project management, event production, and relationship building skills while working alongside the Development Director, Development Coordinator, and Crossroads’s staff to increase visibility of the school and generate revenue.
Must be enthusiastic, positive, and dedicated to making a difference in the lives of students with special needs.
Crossroads School’s mission is to provide individualized, comprehensive education and related services to students with autism to enhance quality of life and independent functioning so they may achieve their full potential. We believe that all individuals have a fundamental right to an education that promotes the greatest degree of personal independence.
- Support the screening and cultivation of prospective donors
- Research grant opportunities
- Assist with event logistics and production
- Design materials for print, website, and social media
- Maintain social media websites
- Support marketing campaigns by capturing photographs and videos
- Draft press releases and media alerts
- Additional tasks as assigned
- Interest in pursuing a career in non-profit fundraising, events, and/or development
- Ability to produce timely and accurate work
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Knowledge of customer service skills, principles, and practices
- Experience with different Social Media platforms. Experience with WordPress a plus.
- Strong computer skills – Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint required
- Available at least 10-15 hours per week during the semester
- Must be enrolled in a college or university and receiving college credit
- Proof of immunizations required.