Crossroads School in Marlborough, MA is a private, nonprofit school dedicated to transforming the lives of individuals with autism using the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis. We are currently seeking to hire an Executive Assistant to provide executive support to the President/CEO and Leadership Team. The Executive Assistant is creative and enjoys working within an entrepreneurial environment that is mission-focused, results-driven, and community-oriented. The Executive Assistant also has strong written and verbal communication, clerical, and organizational skills. The Executive Assistant demonstrates professionalism, confidentiality, and discretion while balancing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment that often has time-sensitive projects.
- Function as the primary liaison for the President/CEO.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs, handles challenging matters expeditiously and gracefully, and follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Provides smooth communication between the President/CEO’s office and internal departments, demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support.
- Serves as the President/CEO’s administrative liaison to the Board of Trustees and prepares agendas, handouts, and other meeting materials. Attends Board and committee meetings and records minutes.
- Collaborates closely with all members of the Administrative Team.
- Manages and maintains the President/CEO’s calendar. Plans and schedules meetings, conference calls, and appointments, resolving potential conflicts proactively.
- Arranges detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas for President/CEO.
- Attends functions with President/CEO to provide supportive materials and prepares follow-up tasks.
- Manages inventorying, purchase orders, and restocking of supplies to meet organizational needs.
- Collects forms, including annual consents and observational forms, and updates electronic student database.
- Provides coverage for the receptionist desk.
- Maintains Common Areas and Conference Rooms
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent certificate preferred.
- 5-6 years of experience supporting executives, preferably in a non-profit organization.
- Strong skills working in teams and across many types of organizational domains – collaborator; problem solver; relationship-builder; and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise discretion, and demonstrate good judgment.
- Strong customer service experience – via written, phone, and in-person.
- Acute eye for detail and superb organizational skills.
- Excellent scheduling and time management skills as well as demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple and competing tasks;
- Strong written and verbal communications skills to engage a wide range of individuals including high-level executives, partners, board members, and staff.
- Stress tolerance, resilience, and ability to work under pressure with multiple and shifting priorities.
- Dependability, openness, and flexibility.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction, and as a member of a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint; experience in Salesforce a plus.
- Must be enthusiastic, positive, and love working with children!
Crossroads School’s mission is to provide individualized, comprehensive education and related services to students with autism to enhance quality of life and independent functioning, so they may achieve their full potential. We believe that all individuals have a fundamental right to an education that promotes the greatest degree of personal independence. Personal independence for each individual is achieved through an educational partnership between school, community, and family.