COVID has been hard on all of us. Nobody has felt that more than the parents in our community who were forced to become clinicians and educators to ensure their children continued to make progress. Our staff has risen to the myriad of challenges the pandemic has presented, coming up with new programs for remote and in-person services, managing new social distancing and cleaning protocols, and teaching individuals with autism new skills like mask wearing. Our community has been resilient in order to keep those we serve on track, but space is holding us back from doing more.
This #GivingTuesday our goal is to raise $85,000 to move our administration, business operations, and Community Solutions staff off campus and increase learning space by more than 6000 square feet for students at Crossroads School. Your contributions will give our school the space to return to full in-person instruction and help us serve more people with autism and related disorders. Help us meet today’s challenges and serve more people tomorrow.
2020 #GivingTuesday Goals
* Resume in-person 5-days per week at Crossroads School.
*Secure space for administration, business operations, and Community Solutions.
*Use new space to increase services for people with autism following completion of Strategic Plan in February.
On Tuesday, December 1, individuals and communities around the world will come together for one common purpose—to celebrate generosity and to give. Since our first #GivingTuesday in 2015, our community has put SMARTBoards in every classroom, helped us build a playground, installed the Prozinski Family Sport Court, and given all our staff laptops just before COVID-19 required us all to shift to remote work. Your support has helped people with autism master educational and vocational objectives, achieve therapeutic goals, given families access to services, and kept us all moving forward.
- $84,694 raised for technology
- Laptops for all staff, just in time for remote work
- iPads for students, distributed as needed to families to support remote learning and telehealth services
- SMART Board for new classroom
- Data collection and curriculum software to improve efficiency for home-based services
- Crossroads engaged 1074 donors, a 100% increase over 2018 #GivingTuesday campaign.
- Crossroads reached more than 3,000 people via our #GivingTuesday marketing and Social Media.