Crossroads School is a private, non-profit day school approved by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE). We serve students ages 3-22 in a bright school environment. Our school year is 226 days.
Crossroads students come from a variety of surrounding communities. They range in learning profiles from those working on introductory level skills and using augmentative communication strategies to many that access close to grade-level academics.
Because every student is different, our programs are individualized to meet each student’s needs. All programming is based on principles of Applied Behavior Analysis. Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) is the scientifically based intervention recommended by the U.S. Surgeon General to effectively and most safely produce meaningful progress in students with autism. Systematic application of the principles of behavior is utilized to ensure teaching opportunities for skill deficits and behavior excesses.
We offer a wide-range of program services including:
- One-to-one and small group instruction
- Comprehensive reading instruction and curricula
- Academics across all Massachusetts Curriculum Framework areas
- Comprehensive vocational programming, including in-house vocational lab and programming
- Supported work opportunities in the community
- Comprehensive Social Skills Curriculum accessible to students of all earning profiles
- Programming designed to teach group working skills and increase independence