Crossroads School, in Marlborough, MA is a private, nonprofit school dedicated to transforming the lives of children with autism using the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis. We seek to hire a Registered Nurse (RN) to join our Nursing Department. The hours for this position are 7:30am to 3:00pm, 3 – 5 days per week, Monday through Friday.
- Physical assessment and direct clinical care.
- Provides First aid treatment for students and staff.
- Trains school personnel on First Aid, CPR, and the use of the AED.
- Dispenses medication.
- Manages electronic and paper health records.
- Assumes responsibility for the referral of students in need of medical care
- Implements DPH and DESE health policies and protocols.
- Must be flexible
- Must be able to work well under pressure and demonstrate a calm and objective demeanor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited nursing program
- At least 2 years’ experience in pediatric, community health, or school nursing (Experience working with students with autism and related disabilities preferred)
- Valid Massachusetts Nursing license
- First Aid and CPR certified (Instructor certification preferred)
- Eligible or willing to become eligible for DESE licensure
- Must have good organizational skills coupled with good interpersonal skills, show strong attention to detail, be eager to learn new skills, have excellent oral and written communication skills, and demonstrate proficiency with computers. Successful candidates must also be compassionate, have ability to prioritize and multitask, and be able to maintain strict confidentiality of information.
- Proof of immunizations required.