Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP)
Crossroads School is a private, nonprofit school dedicated to transforming the lives of children with autism using the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis. We are currently seeking a Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP). The right candidate will have the desire to make a difference in our students’ ability to communicate effectively and will enjoy being part of a forward-thinking, goal-oriented team.
This is your opportunity to make your mark in the field of special education and become an integral part of an incredible community. Must be enthusiastic, positive and love working with children!
Our Speech-Language Pathologists perform speech assessments for new students (3-year evaluations and initial assessments), collaborate with Crossroads staff, consultants, school districts, and families, and plan and implement daily speech programming including development of speech and language goals, objectives, and service delivery. They also review Progress Reports for each student quarterly, program student augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) systems, train staff on the proper use of AAC systems, and supervise SLPAs in the completion of their responsibilities.
We require that our Speech-Language Pathologists have:
• Master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an accredited program.
• Massachusetts licensure in Speech-Language Pathology.
• Knowledge and experience with ABA-based treatment of autism.
• Knowledge and experience with the programming and implementation of AAC systems.
• The ability to successfully pass CALM training and perform physical movements such as pivots, knee squats, shuffling backwards and forwards, stand from a kneeling position while supporting student weight (without pushing off the ground/stabilizing hands on the ground), remaining in kneeling position for an extended period of time, and a descending lunge while carrying weight.